Mid-Level Payloads Service Engineer
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Boeing BCA engineering is looking for a strong Mid-Level
Payloads Design Engineer in the Seal beach, CA area.The successful
candidate will work directly with airline customers to address and
resolve in-service airplane system issues related to Payloads,
Interiors, Cargo Handling and Water Waste systems. Acts as a
liaison and coordinates with various engineering and technical
disciplines to address customer concerns. Assists with the
development and documentation of basic requirements via drawings,
data sets, reports, specifications, and supporting data. -Develops
or modifies basic designs based on defined requirements.
Occasionally performs tests to verify operational and functional
requirements. -Assists in monitoring suppliers' performance to
ensure compliance with requirements. -Supports resolution of
product integration issues and production anomalies. Researches
basic technologies for potential application to company business
needs. Assists other members of project or program teams,
management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering
solutions to meet group, organization, and company objectives.You
will be an integral part of supporting all Boeing Commercial
Airplane models in-service and development, including programs such
as 747, 767, 777, 787, 737NG, 737MAX, 777X, and the next generation
of commercial airplanes.Job duties may include but are not limited
- Provides technical, design and informational support for basic
production, product support or in-service issues. Troubleshoots
basic system problems consistent with operational protocols.
- Supports analysis, definition and verification of basic
requirements. May modify basic requirements based on defined
requirements using approved processes and tools.
- Supports and/or creates and provides basic technical
documentation (e.g. Fleet Team Digest articles, service letters,
drawings, specifications, documents, data sets, design folders,
test requirements documents, manuals) in accordance with
engineering processes and procedures for internal reference or
- Assists with the study and assessment of technology development
by gathering data, supporting testing and documenting
- Supports review of technical design, analysis, and production
by reviewing documentation, participating in design reviews, and
observing tests and audits to ensure compliance.
- Assists with the investigation of problems to provide
engineering design disposition of discrepancies.
- Supports and/or leads the research of technical, operational
and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Assists in designing and/or providing analysis of interim and
final engineering solutions to return airplanes to revenue
- Works with and possibly directing cross-functional teams to
conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex
- Assists in the development of customer correspondence for
continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.This position
must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a -US
Person- as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is required. -US Person-
includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or
asylee.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must have a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited
course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics,
physics or chemistry.
- 3 or more years of experience gathering, preparing and
analyzing technical data for the development support products
including logistics engineering, logistics support analysis,
technical publications, support equipment, spares, provisioning,
field services, maintenance, etc., supporting product
- The position requires flexibility to address emergent issues
and important airline meetings off-hours and may require an
occasional off-shift work schedule to support the fleet operating
24 hours /7 days a week /365 days of the year.
- Must be able to travel to Airlines to lead technical/executive
review meetings and address complex technical issues at least 10%
of the time.Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Payloads and/or Structural Engineering
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present to senior leadership
- Knowledge of thermodynamics/thermal sciences, airflow analysis
and modeling, and/or mechanical systems analysis.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple team functions.
- Willingness to expand into technical areas without prior
- Desire to continuously improve our airplanes.Typical
Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard.Relocation:This position offer relocation based on
candidate eligibility.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing-is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: BOEING, Montebello , Mid-Level Payloads Service Engineer, Engineering , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!