Senior Manager - Risk Mitigation & Resolution (DLR)
Company: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Senior Manager - Risk Mitigation & Resolution (DLR)
The Disneyland Resort (DLR) Risk Management Services team is
comprised of Guest Claims and Workers' Compensation. As a leader on
the Risk Management team, you will play a critical role in
supporting the work of these teams, especially the Workers'
The Senior Manager - Risk Mitigation & Resolution leads a
fast-paced, highly regulated, and dynamic organization focused on
reducing DLR's overall exposure and risk profile, addressing issues
related to accommodating employees who suffer occupational
injuries, as well as strategically resolving high-risk and aging
claims with favorable results for all involved. Key
responsibilities include driving business performance by
inspirationally leading the employees responsible for the
supervision of DLR's occupational accommodations' process, as well
as those who are responsible for the disposition and adjudication
of workers' compensation claims appearing before the Workers'
Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB). This includes leading a team of
both salaried and hourly professionals (including the Manager -
Business Support, as well as Hearing Representatives, a Technical
Advisor, Senior Claims Examiners, and Technical Claims Assistants)
with varying levels of experience.
- Lead the team of Hearing Representatives responsible for
representing DLR at the WCAB in matters brought by employees
against DLR including review and advice on claim disposition.
- Lead the team that is responsible for managing DLR's
occupational accommodations process from a risk management
perspective and coordinating with DLR employees and leaders so that
employees who suffer occupational injuries receive appropriate
- Lead the business support team responsible for the intake,
processing, and closure of claim files, as well as the processing
of all payments to claimants and vendors.
- Work directly with claims examiners, leaders, and defense
attorneys on the resolution of high-profile claims and
- Review claim files to ensure the thoroughness and completeness
of investigations, the appropriateness of claim reserves, and the
effectiveness of claims resolution strategy.
- Monitor defense counsel firm and vendor billing to assure
reasonableness and compliance with litigation management
- Attend formal and informal settlement conferences, depositions,
and hearings before the WCAB as needed.
- Provide or obtain settlement authority within established
- Help set, implement, and achieve department goals and
- Create and cultivate a culture where employees bring their best
to work every day and where business challenges are met with a
spirit of collaboration and willingness to challenge the status
- Demonstrate transformative leadership by developing and
implementing sound business strategies for optimizing people,
processes, systems, and culture, to accelerate business performance
and drive engagement.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership skills, taking
concepts and driving to implementation.
- Adapt quickly to change and display flexibility and agility
when faced with challenges or ambiguity.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with key
stakeholders, attorneys, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
- Analyze industry trends and business needs to consistently
inform operational processes.
- Interpret and utilize performance metrics and operational
indicators to motivate and enhance the overall performance of the
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and industry
- Recognize and respond to incidents that have significant
- Manage claim-level and aggregate financials. Business Acumen
- Strong understanding of California Labor Code and WCAB
practices and procedures.
- Ability to work under deadline pressures and handle multiple
- Ability to effectively solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to actively develop and sustain collaborative and
productive relationships with key internal and external business
stakeholders, insurers, and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to influence peers and others within and across lines
of business while consulting on day-to-day operational
- Ability to influence organizational strategies by contributing
information, analyses, and recommendations based on actual
operating dynamics. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proactive communicator with strong written, verbal, and
presentation skills who can interface effectively at all levels of
the company and can appropriately influence business results
through negotiation, persuasion, and personal presence.
- Proven ability to provide analysis and presentations to senior
management in support of decision-making processes.
- Ability to demonstrate and exercise excellent judgment where
safety is the top priority.
- Ability to deliver concise, but informative written summaries
in memo and presentation format.
- Ability to display and role model inclusive behaviors, showing
respect for the value of the diverse viewpoints, culture, styles,
and experience of people by creating an environment where everyone
feels sincerely welcomed.
- Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential
- Ability to manage and effectively prioritize multiple diverse
objectives with a keen attention to detail. Preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience adjudicating claims before the
- Bilingual - Spanish preferred. Required Education
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, and a minimum of 10 years of
progressive leadership experience in insurance, risk management,
safety, or related businesses. Preferred Education
- Juris Doctorate degree, or Hearing Representative training and
certificate, or equivalent.
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or Workers' Compensation for
Legal Professionals (WCLP) Designation.
- California Self Insurance Plans Department Certification of
Claims Administration. The hiring range for this position in
Anaheim, CA, USA is $148,140.00 to $181,060.00 per year. The base
pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and
also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region,
job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of
the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical,
financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and
Keywords: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, Montebello , Senior Manager - Risk Mitigation & Resolution (DLR), Executive , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!