Regional Operations Manager - Landsberg Orora Los Angeles
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Landsberg Orora started in 1947, with the philosophy that
everything begins and ends with the customer. Today, with locations
across North America, Europe and Asia, Landsberg Orora is a market
leader in designing custom packaging solutions and supplying a
broad range of commodity packaging and stock packaging for our
global customers. At Landsberg Orora, we take pride in powering
innovations in packaging while ensuring sustainability is
fundamental to everything we do. We believe our packaging touches
lives and together, we, together as a team, deliver on the promise
of what's inside. From custom packaging design and packaging
materials, to prototype development and manufacturing, packaging
automation and equipment, kitting and fulfillment, global sourcing,
and full service warehousing and logistics, our packaging
consultants develop cutting-edge, innovative solutions that take a
product from concept to consumer. It is with this passion and
commitment to innovation, we believe in hiring and developing the
very best talent by living our core values of Teamwork, Passion,
Respect, and Integrity every day. These core values define who we
are and how we operate. They shape the way we work with each other,
with our customers, and with our communities. Every day, we deliver
packaging solutions that exceed our customers' expectations while
solving complex problems as a team. We believe that all team
members (irrespective of their role or level), should aspire to
distinctive leadership behavior, as we continue to deliver on the
promise for our customers, shareholders and each other. Leadership
is not tied to a job title, i.e. you don't need to be accountable
for a team to be considered a leader.
The Regional Operations Manager position is a senior role in
Operations Management career plan. The Regional Operations Manager,
in partnership with the Regional Vice President of Operations, is
responsible for achieving the short term and long-term operational
objectives of Landsberg Orora for a group of facilities, to be
determined. The Regional Operations Manager will have direct
responsibility for the management and leadership of a facility plus
leadership and mentorship oversight of additional facilities to be
determined. This resource will set the bar for excellence in the
direct leadership of Safety, Quality, Warehouse/Logistics,
Turnkey/Order Fulfillment, Inventory Management, transportation,
and service to our customers and inside teams. He or she will
ensure that quality, performance standards, and best practices are
deployed throughout assigned facilities and will create paths
towards operations excellence to ensure safety, efficiency,
effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- This position will report to the Regional Vice President of
- Travel Requirement: Up to 25% may be required
- FLSA Status: Exempt
The Regional Operations Manager, in partnership with the Regional
Vice President of Operations and Sales Leaders, provides vision,
strategic direction, and management for operations. The Regional
Operations Manager ensures best practices in the planning,
development, management and delivery of our operations strategy and
services in warehousing and logistics, service to customers, and
other areas as required. The Regional Operations Manager ensures
coordinated support for operations programs and initiatives across
their assigned facilities within the region.
- Ensures that Safety is the number one priority at all
locations. Accountable for all aspects of safety management.
- Responsible for defining and executing the region's strategic
operations roadmap .
- Jointly accountable with the Regional Vice President of
Operations and sales leaders for delivery of the annual fiscal
Budget and financial targets.
- Builds and manages a high-performance, customer-focused teams
of operations leader s, including coaching, development, the
definition of performance goals and evaluations. Develops and grows
the operations leadership teams.
- Drives a culture within his or her team to identify
opportunities for operations excellence and prioritizes these
opportunities for consideration and implementation.
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of
- Partner with Sales to ensure alignment of solutions with sales
and customer needs.
- Monitors user satisfaction with existing operations, seeking to
- Insures the highest levels of inventory accuracy.
- Partners with HR to effectively recruit, hire, train, develop
and retain an effective Warehouse and Transportation Teams.
- Balances resource allocations to achieve operational objectives
and manages overtime.
- Reviews and modifies warehouse and delivery processes to
minimize errors and achieve operational excellence
- Reviews and configures warehouses and equipment for maximum
efficiencies. Ensures warehouses and equipment are in good working
- Maintains ISO and AIB registration and certifications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What We're Looking For
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA Degree (four year) from an accredited university/college
preferably in business, management, or supply chain operations Is
- Ten+ years of experience leading an operations team in a
mid-to-large organization in the distribution and/or packaging
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong business acumen, with a proven track record of leading
operations and delivering results
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership,
with strong abilities in relationship management
- Demonstrated leadership of high-performance work
- Demonstrated competency in project management and the execution
of multiple or large projects
- Advanced decision making and problem-solving skills to improve
- Ability to drive tactical excellence while maintaining the big
- A decisive and action orientated nature with a "get the job
- Ability to lead and drive change
- Knowledge of ISO and AIB certifications.
- A customer service orientation
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment are representative of
those a team member encounters while performing the essential
duties. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are
interested in applying for employment with Orora and need special
assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do
not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position
due to a protected disability and would like to explore the
possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent
Acquisition team at: email@example.com for additional support
What We Offer
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and
well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
Here's a sample of the benefits we offer:
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) with a Company Matchj
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a
culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a
workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage
applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or
veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to
qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in
performing essential job functions.
Orora does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Orora is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Solicitation of Payments
Orora does not solicit payment from our applicants and candidates
for consideration or placement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Keywords: Orora, Montebello , Regional Operations Manager - Landsberg Orora Los Angeles, Executive , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!