RN Clinical Staff GI Endoscopy Day (8hrs) Part-Time
Company: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Posted on: July 31, 2022
If you are interested please apply online and send your resume
to NOrozco@mlkch.org POSITION SUMMARY The Clinical Staff Nurse is a
skilled and experienced professional Registered Nurse (RN)
responsible for excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and
the management of patient care. Working under the supervision of
the the Director of Perioperative Services. The Clinical Staff
Nurse has 8 hour accountability for organizing, planning,
directing, coordinating, and providing high quality, individualized
patient/family centered care based on the Watson Model of Care for
a defined group of patients, including the identification and
demonstration of abilities to meet special needs and considerations
of Age and Population Specific awareness. This position requires
the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the
Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is
expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent
with the Core Values. The employee shall support Martin Luther
King, Jr. Community Hospital's strategic plan and the goals and
direction of the quality and performance improvement process
activities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates the use of nursing processes as a problem solving
model; utilizing knowledge and experience to anticipate and plan to
meet patient and family needs.
- Assessments focused to target areas most productive for a given
patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle changes in
clinical situation; evaluates and appropriately alters the plan of
- Accountable for prioritizing and organizing patient care and
ensuring follow through with planned care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age and needs of the patients served on the
- Consistently applies current literature/research findings and
critical thinking skills to make sound clinical decisions.
- Demonstrates the Hospital's Patient Satisfaction effort when
interacting with patients, families, and co-workers.
- Develops and maintains a therapeutic nurse/patient relationship
throughout the health care continuum. Respect for patient's rights
is an integral part of the nurse/patient relationship as reflected
in our values and mission.
- Conducts hourly rounding on patients.
- Communicates utilizing the SBAR in all hand-off
- Performs documentation of patient care including: assessment,
interdisciplinary plan of care (IPOC), implementation, evaluation,
and the Watson Model of Care following unit specific and hospital
documentation policies and procedures.
- Anticipates variables affecting patient comfort and alters
physical and psychosocial interventions accordingly, using a
variety of modalities. Assists patient/family to maximize sense of
control and actively participate in his/her recovery.
- Demonstrates commitment to meeting the learning needs of
patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those
needs and achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Works with Care Mangers during the patient's stay and takes a
proactive role in coordinating interdisciplinary discharge planning
for a specific patient population.
- Reviews all orders on patients and communicates changes in
patient condition with physician and other team members. Contacts
the physician promptly with significant changes in patient's
condition, collaborates professionally for required orders and
follows-up with revised care.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions and
documents outcomes in the IPOC.
- Utilizes patient classification system according to
- Demonstrates ability to plan, supervise, instruct and evaluate
ancillary nursing personnel, floats, orienteers and registry staff.
Ensures that an evaluation is completed each shift for
- Upholds professional appearance and demonstrates such through
adherence to dress code. Wears hospital I.D. badge and promotes the
standard of proper identification for peers and staff.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment that complies with
regulatory standards including Patient Safety Goals.
- Participates in the implementation of the unit specific Quality
and Performance Improvement Plan, completes monitoring forms and
reports findings to the Director of Perioperative Services.
- Duties as assigned by the Director of Perioperative Services to
assure the unit is ready for the hospital opening. POSITION
REQUIREMENTS A. Education
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in nursing (individuals hired
without a BSN will be required to complete a degree program within
5 years of their hire date) B. Qualifications/Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years medical-surgical or equivalent
experience required. Minimum two years GI Lab experience
- Current California Nursing license
- CGRN or related certification, preferred C. Special
- Bilingual Spanish skills preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic computer skills
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred.
Keywords: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Montebello , RN Clinical Staff GI Endoscopy Day (8hrs) Part-Time, Healthcare , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!