Retail Associate (PT)
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Goodwill is one of the leading non-profit brands in the world
and one of the largest non-profits in Southern California. We are a
rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more
focused on our Mission, on our people, and on our future. It's
always a GOOD day in SoCal! The Retail Associate delivers a highly
satisfied customer experience by engaging and interacting with all
customers, achieving established goals, maintaining a clean and
organized store environment and communicating the Goodwill mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent service, engage with each customer and donor,
while presenting a friendly and cooperative attitude
- Perform accurate Point of Sale (POS) and cash handling
- Communicate our Mission and acts in accordance with our values
(RISE: Respect, Integrity, Service and Integrity) to our employees,
customers and donors.
- Receive and accurately record donations using technology.
- Sort, clean, process, price donated goods, following company
- Merchandise and maintain the sales floor.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment by following all personal
protective equipment policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety rules and exercises caution in all work
- Load and unload trucks and performs necessary cleaning and
- Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and
overtime when needed. Education & Experience
- Ability to read, speak and write Basic English.
- Ability to operate cash register, personal computer and other
technology necessary to complete the activities assigned.
- Ability to share Goodwill's purpose with the customer or donor
and ask for monetary donations.
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
- Some retail and sales experience helpful.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
Excellence. Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal
opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd
like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under
the law, please click here: Goodwill gives preferential
consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity
for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment
including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age
Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and
any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities In furtherance of
our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled
individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504
of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities
Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the
rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that
no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from
participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any
individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal
employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled
persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship,
including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion,
transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further
affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled
employee or applicant. It is the policy of Goodwill to provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities
who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need
assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability,
please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment
opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to
make reasonable accommodations for a disability. Other details
- Job Family :Retail
- Pay Type :Hourly
- Hiring Rate :$17.35
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, Montebello , Retail Associate (PT), Hospitality & Tourism , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!