Company: Squaw Valley - Alpine Meadows
Posted on: March 20, 2020
Senior AccountantJob CategoryAccounting & FinanceEmployee
ClassificationYear RoundPart TimeNoCityOlympic Valley,
CALocationSquaw Valley Ski ResortDescriptionDepartment:
AccountingReports to: Accounting ManagerFLSA Status: Non-exemptJob
Status: Year Round, Full TimeHours: 8am to 5pm, varies Updated:
Summary:The Senior Accountant is the right hand person to the
Accounting Manager and supports all daily functions of the
Accounting team, including, but not limited to invoice review and
payment processing follow up with AMC, ensuring standardsfor
timeliness and accuracy are met. The Senior Accountant is
responsible for addressing, researching, and correcting issues
related to payment and GL coding discrepancies. This includes
analyzing general ledger expense postings when variances to
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.Applicants must be 18 years of
age.Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the
following; other duties may be assigned:
- Implements and maintains policies and procedures, ensures
accuracy and timeliness.
- Oversees daily invoice volumes and assigns work among team
members ensuring that review and processing is completed within
established department guidelines. Maintains ownership of Accounts
Payable shared email inbox.
- Corresponds with department heads and vendors to ensure correct
- Assists AMC shared services team with invoice processing,
approval, and coding.
- Interfaces with vendors and suppliers for timely and accurate
- Assists with review and analysis of expenses posted to general
ledger to determine is variances to budget or legitimate or
erroneous. Responsible for compiling and submitting general ledger
adjustment entries to ensure expenses are captured in the
correctaccount code and department.
- Performs additional ad-hoc business analysis, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining capital expenditure reports on a
weekly and monthly basis. Communicates regularly with project
stakeholders for updates and forecast adjustments.
- Assists in implementation of new ERP system modules, software,
etc. as needed.
- Interface with AMC shared services concerning stop payments,
cleared checks, current checks paid.
- Assists AMC and outside audit firm in annual year-end
- Complies with Federal and California Labor law in all phases of
the payroll and employment process; from hiring through
termination, as well as all Company policies & procedures.
- Responsible for company credit card program and compiling
monthly transactional information and coding to submit to AMC
(Alterra Mountain Corporation) shared services.
- Enforce safety standards in accordance with company policies
and procedures.Competencies and Job Requirements:Required:
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across
all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with the
ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
and interact with others
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Have working knowledge of debits and credits and other basic
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing and allocates
resources efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated; works independently and with others.Education
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other
- Three to four years experience in an accounting/finance related
department with demonstrated increasing responsibilities over
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables, vlookup, dynamic
links, index matching.
- Familiarity/ working knowledge of ERP systems.Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Accounting Software
- Experience with Business Intelligence software performing
analytical queries.Physical Requirements:The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Sits for extended periods of
time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks regularly
throughout the day; uses hands and fingers to operatecomputers and
office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds
regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and
noise levels. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheralvision, depth
perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.Working
Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job,
the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.Hazardous
Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually
moderate.Equipment Used in Job: General office equipment
Keywords: Squaw Valley - Alpine Meadows, Montebello , Senior Accountant, Other , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!