Covenant Physician Partners is hiring a
Full-time Registered Nurse (Pre-Op / PACU) at
Med-Laser Surgical Center located in
2445 W Whittier Blvd #100
Montebello, California 90640
Schedule: 10 hour shifts, Monday - Thursday
Under general direction from Center Manager, the Registered
Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment,
planning, treatment and evaluation of the patient. The registered
nurse is responsible for delivering safe, knowledgeable,
compassionate, educative and individualized nursing care to
patients and families. If there is a non-clinical Center Manager in
place, then nursing services reports directly to the Director of
Nursing (DON) and is under the general direction from the
1. Performs patient preparation, including but not limited to:
review of medical history, acquisition of appropriate consents,
measuring vital signs, starting IV, administering medications,
glucometer/similar testing and setting up appropriate monitors.
2. Verifies that essential equipment is functioning properly each
3. Assesses and monitors patients before, after and throughout all
phases of care, demonstrating competency with all monitoring
4. Identifies the patient and correct procedural intervention
according to policy/procedure and communicates such information to
all members of the surgical team.
5. Transports and positions patients observing policies/procedures,
safety requirements, and patient needs.
6. Documents patient care records and other forms accurately
following policies and procedures.
7. Maintains patient safety, and ensures a clean, orderly
environment throughout the Center.
8. Accurately comprehends and interprets verbal
9. Addresses individual patient needs, and completes all pre and
post-op physician orders.
10. Adheres to CDC Bodily Fluid precautions and infectious waste
disposal according to policy.
11. Monitors compliance with principles of aseptic technique
according to accepted standards
12. Organizes time, equipment, supplies, and personnel to provide
effective and efficient case management
13. Conducts pre and post-procedure orientation and instruction of
patient and/or patient’s family, communicating a positive and
caring attitude. Provides verbal and written discharge
14. Delegates activities appropriate to the abilities of available
15. Conducts pre and post-procedure telephone interviews.
16. Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
17. Engages in various clerical and recordkeeping duties as
18. Demonstrated knowledge of potential exposure to hazardous
materials (i.e. patient body fluids, disinfectant chemicals) and
location of SDS sheets.
19. Participates in the QAPI and Safety Program.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current State of California RN license.
- Three years of clinical experience in surgery
or procedure healthcare including demonstrated knowledge of sterile
technique is preferred
- Bilingual in English / Spanish is preferred.
- Experience in an Ophthalmology ASC is highly preferred.
- BLS certification, ACLS certification (preferred).
- Positive attitude.
- Willing and able to cross-train as Circulating RN as
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- OR, OPSU, PACU experience preferred but not required.
Physician Partners is a growing physician services company,
offering you the chance to be part of a mission-driven organization
that’s advancing the field of healthcare.
Covenant, you are part of something bigger. Company culture and
associate engagement inspire our work. Our HEART values – Humility,
Empathy, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork – encompass who and
how we are as a company, reflecting our dedication to those we
we’re improving health. We recognize that the commitment from the
talented group of professionals at our Nashville Service Center
gives our physicians and providers the opportunity to focus on
providing high-quality patient care. Our associates are truly the
HEARTbeat of all that we do.
the employer of choice for individuals who wish to pursue their
passion of making healthcare better. We offer
competitive benefits to all full-time associates,
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Hospital Indemnity,
Associate Assistance Program)
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long/Short-Term Disability
- Associate Discounts (Costco, Sam’s, BJ’s, Amazon Prime)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan + Company Match
- Professional Development Opportunities (Tuition Reimbursement,
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
POSITION ALSO KNOWN AS:
RN - Eye Center
RN - Outpatient Surgery