Authorizations / Eligibility Specialist
Company: De La Pena Eye Clinic
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Covenant Physician Partners is hiring a full-time Authorizations
/ Eligibility Specialist at De La Pena Eye Clinic in Montebello,
CA.This position may require travel to other De La Pena Eye Clinic
Locations.SUMMARYUnder the policies, procedures, and processes
established by the Director of Revenue Management, under the day to
day general direction of the Director of Operations, the
Authorizations / Eligibility Specialist handles and routes incoming
calls as needed. Additionally, they are responsible for all
insurance verification, documentation of copays, and patient
contact regarding copays.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies patient contact and insurance information on
- Answers non-medical questions and gives routine non-medical
- Enters demographics of new patients, including insurance
information, into the applicable system.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, handling calls if applicable,
and otherwise routing calls to the appropriate party or taking
- Coordinates insurance verification with insurance companies via
phone and through an online eligibility verification system on a
case by case basis.
- Understands and abides by all HIPPA policies and
- This role excludes performing any clinical tasks related to the
patient, including assessment or evaluation of a patient's medical
condition or providing clinical advice or medical care or
- Engages in various clerical and record-keeping duties as
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.OTHER
- Adheres to the Center's policies and procedures.
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion
- Attends annual review and department in-services, as
- Attends staff meetings and if unable to attend, reads and
initials meeting minutes and other documents applicable.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous
quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the Center, as
well as the focus statement of the department.
- Seeks educational opportunities and accepts responsibilities
for own professional growth and development.
- Must maintain the patient's right to privacy by not discussing
privileged information outside the work area or within a hearing
range of visitors, family, or patient.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bilingual: Fluent in Spanish and English preferred.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Must be competent in the use of basic office equipment
including computer, printer, telephone and fax.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and remain
poised and professional when interacting with potentially hostile
patients and family members.
- Must possess excellent clerical and organizational skills.
- Previous experience with insurance verification
All workers in states which mandate COVID vaccinations and/or COVID
testing must comply with the state regulations and Covenant's
Coronavirus Policy and Procedure. In addition, the Company must
comply with CMS Federal vaccine mandate.ABOUT US:Covenant Physician
Partners is a growing physician services company, offering you the
chance to be part of a mission-driven organization that's advancing
the field of healthcare.With Covenant, you are part of something
bigger. Company culture and associate engagement inspire our work.
Our HEART values - Humility, Empathy, Accountability, Respect, and
Teamwork - encompass who and how we are as a company, reflecting
our dedication to those we serve.Together, we're improving health.
We recognize that the commitment from the talented group of
professionals at our Nashville Service Center gives our physicians
and providers the opportunity to focus on providing high-quality
patient care. Our associates are truly the HEARTbeat of all that we
do.Covenant is the employer of choice for individuals who wish to
pursue their passion of making healthcare better. We offer
competitive benefits to all full-time associates, including:
Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Hospital Indemnity,
Associate Assistance Program)
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long/Short-Term Disability
- Associate Discounts (Costco, Sam's, BJ's, Amazon Prime)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan + Company Match
- Professional Development Opportunities (Tuition Reimbursement,
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
Keywords: De La Pena Eye Clinic, Montebello , Authorizations / Eligibility Specialist, Other , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!