Patient Relations Liaison
Posted on: January 11, 2022
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:Responsible for helping retain and grow
site-level HMO membership and FFS patient volume by tracking and
trending data to identify opportunities and tactics. Serves as the
point of contact for prospective and existing patients as well as
external partners such as such as brokers, agents and community
members. Acts as the subject matter expert to guide patients on
non-medical questions or concerns and patient / family navigator
through our healthcare system to promote a positive patient
- Partners with the front office and care teams to drive
completion of new patient orientations and awareness of
- Executes new patient onboarding, gives new patients a tour of
the facility and explains benefits, forms and guidelines.
- Implements best practices related to patient experience and
partners with site team to implement processes to maximize patient
- Conducts patient outreach for new, termed and transitioned
- Coordinates service recovery activities at the site with
Supervisor, Patient Relations and site management.
- Supports provider transition action plan and membership
- Manages and conducts prioritized outreach list and tracks
outcomes related to SEP, age-ins, FFS conversion to managed care
plans and working beneficiaries.
- Partners with site management to address trends impacting
- Provides support including training on Medicare Madness,
in-clinic processes for SEP and FFS conversion and site-specific
initiatives that impact the site operations team (i.e. Patient
- Coordinates patient retention efforts related to M&A
- Plans and organizes retention events (e.g., thank you events
for patients and caregivers, provider transition, open house, meet
and greets, "Refer a Friend" classes, etc.) as well as in-clinic
OEP / SEP / AEP and marketing events.
- Develops, manages and maintains relationships with brokers,
agents and community partners to expand base for prospective
- Partners with marketing team to plan external marketing events
and represents the organization at those events as needed.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients' protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.COVID-19 Work Location
Requirement: You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role
with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function
of this role.EDUCATION:
- 1 to 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a
- Bachelor's degree preferred.EXPERIENCE:Minimum:
- Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of experience in a
- Previous managed care and/or ambulatory care experience.
- Previous experience in a quota-driven sales/marketing
- Previous customer service experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel).
- Maintains current understanding of health plan and regulatory
changes as it affects the insurance needs of patients.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (may be required).Full
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role.
UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local
regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain
necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure
compliance.UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees
to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant
objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part
of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together
some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health
care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you,
that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated
challenges that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one
incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's
best work. (SM)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and
its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated
medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required
to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Montebello , Patient Relations Liaison, Other , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!