Senior Space Systems Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) Systems Engineer
Posted on: July 28, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.The Boeing Defense, Space &
Security (BDS) team is seeking a Senior Space Systems Signal
Intelligence (SIGINT) Systems Engineer located in El Segundo, CA.
The selected candidate will join a project team assisting with the
development of complex, state-of-the-art systems for space-based
applications. You will lead a high performance systems engineering
team that works with customers on architecture concepts and
enabling technologies for advanced SIGINT satellite systems.You
will participate in system development, including system design,
requirements development, analysis and decomposition, software and
hardware system design, algorithm design, concept of operations
(CONOPS) development, and risk reduction.Position Responsibilities
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead
activities to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle
balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Leads others to evaluate customer/operational needs to define
system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and
assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program
- Leads analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or
system architecture. Leads analyses for affordability, safety,
reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems
integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system
security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other
specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to
ensure mission success.
- Leads, develops, maintains and identifies improvements the
planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of
requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity
management and technology readiness assessment processes.Additional
- Define and develop SIGINT satellite systems and payload
- Lead architecture trade studies.
- Define and validate space system requirements and
- Lead proposals and task orders.
- Lead system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and
- Lead system-level integration and validation planning.
- Lead analyses and simulations for space payload systems.
- Develop analysis tools using software platforms, modeling &
- Develop and verify system algorithms that meet functional and
- Lead risk reduction activities.This position requires an active
U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required).
(A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24
months is considered active)This position requires a current Tier 5
(T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation
(SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) or requires candidate agreed to
enter a Continuous Evaluation program. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering or technical
- 10+ years of experience working on space-based SIGINT
- 5+ years of experience working on geolocation and anti-jam
- 5+ years of experience with digital payload design, analysis,
development, and verificationPreferred Qualifications (Desired
- 5+ years of experience in RF, digital signal processing (DSP),
and/or optical communications
- Bachelor s or Master s Degree in Electrical engineering
- Experience Matlab/Simulink and C++
- Experience with digital/RF communications hardware and lab
typically acquired through advanced technical education from an
accredited course of study in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14
or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination
of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related
work experience, Master years' related work experience). In the
USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard.Relocation:This position offers relocation
based on candidate eligibility.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug
Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies .
Shift:This position is for 1st shift.Eligible for 3ERPEqual
Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Montebello , Senior Space Systems Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) Systems Engineer, Other , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!