Space Systems Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) Chief Architect
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.The Boeing Defense, Space &
Security (BDS) team is seeking a Space Systems Signal Intelligence
(SIGINT) Chief Architect located in El Segundo, CA. The selected
candidate will lead a project team assisting with the development
of complex, state-of-the-art systems for space-based applications.
You will lead a high-performance systems engineering team that
works with customers on architecture concepts and enabling
technologies for advanced SIGINT satellite systems.You will lead
development of space architecture concepts, sub-system design,
payload design, requirements development, analysis and
decomposition, software and hardware system design, algorithm
development, concept of operations (CONOPS) development, and risk
reduction.Position Responsibilities Include:
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead
activities to plan, design, develop and verify highly-complex
lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Guides others to evaluate customer/operational needs to define
system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and
assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program
- Leads analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or
- Leads analyses for affordability, safety, reliability,
maintainability, testability, human systems integration,
survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security,
regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties
quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission
- Develops designs and conducts research that results in new
requirements management methodologies or result in unique
approaches that mitigate assessment/review findings.
- Creates and implements strategic approaches for program and
business area decisions.Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Define and develop SIGINT satellite architecture-level CONOPs,
space-based systems development, and payload architectures.
- Lead architecture-level trade studies.
- Define and validate space system requirements and
- Develop and direct technical concepts in support of proposals
and task orders.
- Lead system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and
- Lead system-level integration and validation planning.
- Lead development of analyses and simulations tools development
efforts for space architectures analysis and payload systems.
- Inform the development and verification system algorithms that
meet functional and performance requirements.This position requires
an active U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship
Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the
past 24 months is considered active)This position requires a
current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background
Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) or requires
candidate agreed to enter a Continuous Evaluation program. Basic
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 10+ years of experience with digital payload design, analysis,
development, and verification.
- 10+ years of experience working on space-based SIGINT.
- 5+ years of experience working on geolocation and anti-jam
- 5+ years of experience in Digital Signal Processing or Digital
Communications.Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- Bachelor s or Master s Degree in Electrical engineering
- Experience in a Chief Engineer or Lead Engineer role
responsible for ensuring system and product integration across
- Experience in leading a team of engineers, suppliers, and
support personnel in the technical design, development,
integration, and test of a large scale complex mechanical and fluid
system test facility
- Demonstrated leadership for driving issue resolution and
mitigating technical risk
- Experience working with product/component developers and
vendors who provide critical functionality to the overall
- Familiarity with MBSE applications, concepts and practices
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink and C++
- Experience with optical communications systems
- Experience with digital/RF communications hardware and lab
typically acquired through advanced technical education from an
accredited course of study in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 20
or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination
of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD years' related work
experience, Master years' related work experience). In the USA,
ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard.Relocation:This position offers relocation
based on candidate eligibility.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug
Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies .
Shift:This position is for 1st shift.Eligible for 3ERPEqual
Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Montebello , Space Systems Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) Chief Architect, Other , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!