Operations Leader - Animal Care
Company: Petco Animal Supplies, Inc.
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together
to support the most exciting missions in the world!Position
Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform essential job
- Utilize business acumen to measure, analyze and diagnose
business trends and to also utilize critical thinking skills to
effectively implement business improvement plans.
- Ensure the health and well-being of live animals by providing
the correct care in accordance with the established Petco
standards, policies and procedures including the completion of the
hourly animal health check and wellness cards.
- Adheres to Veterinary Protocol for all sick animals.
- Process register transactions in a way that creates a great
experience for each guest.
- Be proficient within our selling model and support guest
interactions as needed.
- Responsible the implementation and execution of Companion
Animal Operations and Aquatics (where applicable) through training
and coaching partners to include: Animal Care, Aquatics and
Companion Animal Maintenance, Ordering, all Regulatory Compliance,
CAPI, HAHC, CAPC and Vet Care/Relationships.
- Efficiently orders live animals to maximize sales, margin and
inventory. Analyzes department inventory management data and
recommends areas for improvement.
- Ensures operational standards are maintained in the
- Ensures all animal related maintenance tasks are being
completed as outlined on the Maintenance Task List.
- Achieves high presentation standards at all times in the
aquatics and companion animal areas.
- Partner with the Operations Leader - Merchandising to ensure
proper in-stock merchandise levels. Goals are achieved by reporting
max changes or requested overrides are achieving I.M. grade.
- Ensures the proper handling and documentation for all Adoption
- Performs activities to maintain a knowledge and understanding
of PCC Sales and Margin reports and data.
- Leads, provides feedback, and coaches all PCC partners in
providing quality service to satisfy the needs of Petco guests and
in performing their assigned tasks.
- In partnership with the PCC Leaders, ensures proper partner
scheduling is maintained to ensure in-stock goals and proper guest
service levels are met during peak hours.
- Applies a talent management skill set within the scope of
recruiting, hiring, training, work scheduling, coaching and
- Provides quick and courteous service to all guests by
determining their needs, sharing product knowledge, and suggesting
the appropriate merchandise to satisfy their needs, utilizing our
selling strategy throughout the PCC.
- Demonstrates and provides feedback and coaching on nutrition,
Pals Rewards membership sign-up, Welcome to the Family and
effective suggestive selling techniques for partners to increase
- Supports the implementation and execution of Omni Channel
through training and coaching partners to include: BOPUS,
Ship-from-store, Curbside, Extended Aisle, and overall Guest
- Accountable as Leader on Duty for supporting for supporting Pet
Care Center execution, training, communication and maintenance of
company initiatives, programs, legal compliance, policies,
procedures, safety practices, and promotions.
- Train, coach, and develop Pet Care Center operations partners
in close partnership with the sales team.
- Promote a positive leadership culture of teamwork, inclusion,
- Operations Leaders are expected to display and champion the
Petco Leadership Expectations.Other Essential Duties
- MODEL INSPIRING LEADERSHIP. Model leadership and selling
behaviors to Pet Care Center partners and associates. Provide
leadership to maintain a positive business climate that motivates
Pet Care Center teams in alignment with our company goals. Serve as
an effective advocate for change and growth.
- PROMOTE SAFETY. Ensure Petco policies, procedures and safety
standards are closely observed and executed, and all new policies
and procedures are properly implemented in the Pet Care Center.
Bottom line, the safety of partners, guests and pets is our #1
- FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE CULTURE. Establish and promote a culture
that encourages partners to seek and formulate ideas and
opportunities that increase efficiency and that improve guest
engagement, guest satisfaction and company image. Ensure a culture
that values and promotes teamwork.
- PRIORITIZE TALENT DEVELOPMENT. Ensure a strong talent bench
with partners who can successfully execute the company's plans,
meet objectives, and manage an engaged workforce. Ensure
continuation of excellence in Petco's partners through
developmental programs and leadership opportunities.
- ENGAGE AND BE PRESENT. Represent Petco's brand and image at a
high level through strong culture and positive leadership. Lead our
team in a way that is committed to high standards within a fun
working environment.Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or its equivalent required; some college
level business/management courses preferred.
- 1 or more years of management experience or the equivalent is
required, with 2 or more years preferred.
- Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
- Proficiency in communication skills, organizational skills, and
computer skills required to include: Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and other applications as needed.
- Demonstrates proficiency in areas of general business
practices, basic business & finance acumen, analysis and
problem-solving skills, and high focus on people development &
- A qualified applicant will possess an aptitude for
demonstrating strong guest service and the ability to instruct
- The Operations Leader - Animal Care directly supervises the
- As a Leader on Duty, supports quick and courteous service to
all guests within the Pet Care Center.
- Ensures that the Pet Care Center is opened and / or closed in
accordance with established P&Ps as it applies to SFS
- In partnership with the Pet Care Center leaders, ensure proper
Pet Care Center attendance processes are being maintained.
- Adhere to and promote established safety procedures for
partners, guests, and pets.Work EnvironmentThis role is expected to
provide support during key operational hours, with weekend
availability. Most job duties are conducted indoors, although
occasional merchandise stocking, customer carry-outs, and bank
deposits will require that a partner leave the Pet Care Center
briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving
merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long
periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from failure
to follow safety precautions and procedures. A limited amount of
travel will be required.Contacts This position has continuous
contact with the public at the Pet Care Center and at Pet Care
Center -related events, and regular contact and exchange of
information with other departments in the field, Distribution
Centers, and at the Support Centers. Contact outside of PETCO may
be required to coordinate merchandise returns, ordering parts, Pet
Care Center repairs, coordination of vaccination clinics, Pet Care
Center events, vendor meetings, etc.Equal Opportunity EmployerPetco
Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected
veteran status, or any other protected classification.Petco Animal
Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any
other protected classification.
Keywords: Petco Animal Supplies, Inc., Montebello , Operations Leader - Animal Care, Other , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!