Associate Therapist, Mental Health - Residential
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: November 20, 2022
The Associate Therapist works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team
providing treatment services according to the Discovery Clinical
Model. Therapist responsibilities include ensuring patient safety,
providing milieu interventions, leading psychoeducational and
process-oriented therapy groups, facilitate clinical assessments,
conduct therapy sessions, and other case management tasks, as
assigned. Essential Job Functions
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout
the course of treatment. All documentation is required to be done
at the time of service.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved
- Facilitates admission assessments and the admission process for
new patients with professionalism, courtesy, and a welcoming
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly
treatment goals with all team members. -
- Maintain a case load of 5-6 patients.
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions assigned
weekly for patients, including family/support system sessions
aligned with the patients' level of care.
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups one
to two times, daily.
- Required to sit at a meal and/or snack a minimum of once per
- Facilitates multi-family groups, family program, and/or family
- Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies, providing
appropriate clinical information to obtain initial authorization
and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- Is appropriately accessible to family members or loved ones.
Returning all calls and emails within 2 hours during business hours
of operations and 24 hours all other times.
- Assesses patients for suicidality and possibility of danger to
self or others.
- May provide additional clinical support for other members of
the clinical team in their absence. - -
- Communicates with the Utilization Review Department and
Business Department regarding authorization and payment.
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all
- Effectively manages crises in sessions and the milieu. RTC
Only: Provides on-call support to facility at least 1x per month
and returns all program phone calls within 20 minutes, while on
call. Communicates appropriately with On Call Administrator or
Regional Director regarding pertinent facility issues, while on
call. This is a full time position.------ -For a virtual tour of
the facility, please visit our website at centerfordiscovery.com.
- Master's or Doctorate degree in relevant field, required
- Completion of state requirements to conduct therapeutic
- Operates under supervision and is not licensed
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Must possess a current driver's license and be in good standing
Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? Apply anyway! To
provide truly innovative care, we need to have a diverse team
around us. That's why Discovery Behavioral Health is committed to
creating an inclusive environment. If you find yourself meeting
some but not all the above, we'd be happy to consider your
application. Additional Information
Discovery Behavioral Health seeks to build a diverse staff that is
reflective of the patients we serve and the communities where we
work. DBH encourages multiple perspectives, experiences, and
strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce. We are proud to be
an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. -All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. For more
information about our company benefits, please visit us at
discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/ PandoLogic. Keywords: Mental
Health Rehabilitation Worker, Location: Montebello, CA - 90640 ,
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Montebello , Associate Therapist, Mental Health - Residential, Other , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!