After School Program Leader
Company: Arts in Action
Posted on: November 25, 2022
After School Program Leader ABOUT US: Arts in Action Community
Charter School opened in the Fall of 2011 with grades K-5 and Arts
in Action Middle School opened in Fall 2016. Our program aims to
provide a rigorous academic foundation while developing the whole
child through a rich arts program, a daily socio-emotional learning
component, and by modeling advocacy through social justice
initiatives. For more information on the schools mission and
vision, please see www.artsinactioncharter.org.
- Create and submit lesson plans in a timely matter
- Lead and facilitate homework help sessions, enrichment
activities, and physical education activities
- Ensure students are safely signed in and out of the program
daily using our student attendance software
- Create and ensure a welcoming and safe environment for all
- Reports problems of a serious nature, including recurring
behavioral problems and safety hazards to the after school
coordinator, or Director of Community Engagement & Enrichment.
- Clean and organize the classroom space used during the program
- Picking up students from their classroom and taking them to the
eating area for supper
- Support enrichment teachers during assigned enrichment
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of HS diploma and currently enrolled in college
- Demonstrated successful experience working with elementary and
middle school age students
- Demonstrated ability to positively work with staff and parents
- Bilingual (oral & written) Spanish/English is a plus!
PHYSICAL JOB QUALIFICATIONs: The conditions herein are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential job functions. These physical
standards are generic in nature and tasks may vary depending on
school site or specialized site assignment. The information
contained in this physical standards description is for compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is not an exhaustive
list of duties performed. The individuals currently holding this
position perform additional duties and additional duties as
- The physical ability to stand and or walk frequently.
- The physical ability to occasionally carry up to 50 pounds (for
mail delivery/operations/and/or moving after-school classroom
equipment and materials around)
- The physical ability to participate in repetitive movements
(typing, sitting down, filing paperwork)
- The physical ability to occasionally crouch down or squat
(assisting in first aid duties)
- This position works primarily indoors in indoor offices with
some outdoor work (including eating and common area(s), auditorium,
playground(s), restroom(s), stairs if applicable, and parking
lot(s)) with the following possible exposures: dust; wind; sun;
insects; bloodborne pathogens and biohazardous waste; variances in
temperature (50 degrees to 120 degrees); variances in weather
conditions (snow, rain, sleet, etc.); noise which can range from
quiet to loud (in excess of 600 students on campus at any given
time); fast paced work environment with possible stressful
situations and need to multi-task; traffic congestion; playground
projectiles such as baseballs, footballs, basketballs, etc.;
intervening physically to stop conflicts between angry or
emotionally upset students; and, dealing with students, parents,
employees and the general public who may exhibit unpredictable or
- Employees in this position may have a higher level of exposure
to illness or infection from students.
- May be exposed to students who may ask inappropriate personal
questions, display socially unacceptable behavior, display
physically aggressive behavior, and insult your personal
characteristics including appearance, ace, age, sex and race.
- There is also frequent contact with staff and the public.
- Handle quick turnaround times, multiple deadlines and
prioritizing multiple tasks
- Handling high levels of stressful situations and
- Consistent attendance
WAGE AND BENEFITS: This is an hourly, school year position with
flat rate of $20/hr ; includes a competitive benefits package.
Arts in Action Community Charter School is non-sectarian in its
programs, admissions policies, employment practices, and all other
operations, shall not charge tuition, and shall not discriminate on
the basis of age, race, ethnicity, national origin, gender,
disability, religion or sexual orientation, either actual or
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Arts in Action, Montebello , After School Program Leader, Other , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!