Lead Electrical Power and Harness Systems Engineer
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.To ensure compliance with
President Biden's September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is
implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either
show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an
approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical
condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from
the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some
states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements
due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious
belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the
post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will
be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.Boeing has implemented a
new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new
Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from
COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021.
For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November
2021.All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination
requirement at this time.The Boeing Defense, Space, and Security
(BDS), Space and Launch Division, is seeking a Lead Electrical
Power and Harness-Systems Engineer to support the team in El
Segundo, CA. The-Space and Launch-Team creates the next generation
products and services for the BDS business unit. We work with both
commercial and proprietary customers in the development of the
next-generation technologies in space.- Our team-focuses on rapid
prototyping to demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies
for a variety of customers.- Our group works all facets of
engineering from technology investment, concept development,
proposal writing, requirements and design, build, integration,
test, and demonstration of products in their relevant
environments.Position Overview:The Lead Electrical Power and
Harness-Systems Engineer will be a part of a high-performing team
that are immersed in high intensity development projects. As a
member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with
satellite power and harness subsystem non-recurring and
recurring/sustaining efforts and activities including systems
engineering of power system elements and capabilities.Position
- Provide technical leadership and project management regarding
power systems analyses including optimal power management during
sunlight and eclipse conditions.
- Provide engaging leadership that fosters a culture of timely
communication of potential issues and help needed to Program
Management and Engineering Capabilities Management to quickly
resolve issues and threats to performance.
- Drive timely closure of technical issues and anomalies to meet
- Responsible for power systems activities and analyzing and
approving power system test data and address power system anomalies
at unit-level, subsystem, and system levels from ground test
through on-orbit operations.
- Interface with program customers, suppliers, and other
- Mentor less-experienced engineers in terms of technical
knowledge, project management and stakeholder relationship
- Perform power system analyses and trade studies to determine
optimal power system architecture.
- Ensure-subsystem designs comply with program requirements.
- Chair key design reviews and lead critical
Root-Cause/Corrective Action investigation teams.
- Convene and chair Independent Review Teams (IRT's).
- Evaluate and champion new technology and methods.This position
requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which
the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or
final U.S. Top Secret/SCI Clearance Post-Start is requiredBasic
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, or physics is required.
- 3 years or more of experience performing trade studies,
modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict
space-based power system performance.
- 3 years or more of experience working with space related
electrical power and harness subsystems.Preferred Qualifications
- Active U.S. Top Secret or Top Secret/SCI Security
- 3 years or more of experience with the design and test of
space-based electrical power systems.
- Experience or knowledge in analog and/or digital circuit design
for power systems.
- Experience with delivering on program commitments - technical,
Cost, Schedule and risk management.
- Experience in systems engineering knowledge, including
requirements definition, verification & validation, and risk
- Experience with engineering involving system requirements,
functional decomposition and allocation, integrated design,
analysis and evaluation, verification, or operations of
- Strong communication skills to interface with different program
and customer teams.
- Experience with interfacing and communicating with Senior
Managers and Directors.
- Experience leading engineer teams or projects.Typical
Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard.Relocation:-This position offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility.Drug Free Workplace:-Boeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Shift:This
position is for 1st shift.Eligible for 3ERP
Keywords: BOEING, Montebello , Lead Electrical Power and Harness Systems Engineer, Professions , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!