Lead Electrical Power and Harness Systems Engineer
Posted on: January 3, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. Were committed to fostering
an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and
inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find
your future with us.The Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS),
Space and Launch Division, is seeking a Lead Electrical Power and
HarnessSystems Engineer to support the team in El Segundo, CA.
TheSpace and LaunchTeam creates the next generation products and
services for the BDS business unit. We work with both commercial
and proprietary customers in the development of the next-generation
technologies in space. Our teamfocuses on rapid prototyping to
demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies for a variety of
customers. Our group works all facets of engineering from
technology investment, concept development, proposal writing,
requirements and design, build, integration, test, and
demonstration of products in their relevant environments.Position
Overview:The Lead Electrical Power and HarnessSystems Engineer will
be a part of a high-performing team that are immersed in high
intensity development projects. As a member of our team, you will
have the opportunity to work with satellite power and harness
subsystem non-recurring and recurring/sustaining efforts and
activities including systems engineering of power system elements
and capabilities.Position Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and project management regarding
power systems analyses including optimal power management during
sunlight and eclipse conditions.
- Provide engaging leadership that fosters a culture of timely
communication of potential issues and help needed to Program
Management and Engineering Capabilities Management to quickly
resolve issues and threats to performance.
- Drive timely closure of technical issues and anomalies to meet
- Responsible for power systems activities and analyzing and
approving power system test data and address power system anomalies
at unit-level, subsystem, and system levels from ground test
through on-orbit operations.
- Interface with program customers, suppliers, and other
- Mentor less-experienced engineers in terms of technical
knowledge, project management and stakeholder relationship
- Perform power system analyses and trade studies to determine
optimal power system architecture.
- Ensuresubsystem designs comply with program requirements.
- Chair key design reviews and lead critical
Root-Cause/Corrective Action investigation teams.
- Convene and chair Independent Review Teams (IRTs).
- Evaluate and champion new technology and methods.This position
requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which
the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or
final U.S. Top Secret/SCI Clearance Post-Start is requiredBasic
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, or physics is required.
- 3 years or more of experience performing trade studies,
modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict
space-based power system performance.
- 3 years or more of experience working with space related
electrical power and harness subsystems.Preferred Qualifications
- Active U.S. Top Secret or Top Secret/SCI Security
- 3 years or more of experience with the design and test of
space-based electrical power systems.
- Experience or knowledge in analog and/or digital circuit design
for power systems.
- Experience with delivering on program commitments technical,
Cost, Schedule and risk management.
- Experience in systems engineering knowledge, including
requirements definition, verification & validation, and risk
- Experience with engineering involving system requirements,
functional decomposition and allocation, integrated design,
analysis and evaluation, verification, or operations of
- Strong communication skills to interface with different program
and customer teams.
- Experience with interfacing and communicating with Senior
Managers and Directors.
- Experience leading engineer teams or projects.Typical
Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard.Relocation:This position offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Shift:This
position is for 1st shift.Eligible for 3ERP
Vaccination Requirements:Boeing is implementing new requirements
for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an
approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in
several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or
reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on
Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Montebello , Lead Electrical Power and Harness Systems Engineer, Professions , Montebello, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!