Help Desk Analyst (Intern)
Company: Arlon Graphics
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Summary/Objective: This position is responsible for supporting
activities relating to end-user computing such as help desk,
service ticket management, and phone system support, while
supporting networks, windows servers, email operations, active
directory servers and communications systems. Also responsible for
completing tasks assigned by Global IT Director in a timely
fashion.Intern Working Time:Core hours are 8:30 am 5:00 pm Monday
to Friday, a minimum of 25 hours a week (5 hours per day) is
required, preference for up to 40 hours with a flexible schedule
can be agreed. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
as job duties demand..
- Specify, build, administrate, support and perform all
associated duties for the following systems with ease of use for
users/business partners, high availability and disaster
recover-ability as key objectives: - Window 7, Windows 10 desktops
and laptop support- Office 365- Understanding of Windows
2012/2016/2019 Servers- MS Outlook, Email communications and
analysis- Understanding of Active Directory and Domain Controllers
including Group Policy and Software Deployments- Understanding of
MS SQL Servers and connectivity such as ODBC clients, queries,
- PC work station hardware installation and support, including
- Installation and support of printer hardware (laser, inkjet and
- Applications software installation and support approved for use
- Will supply user assistance regarding the use of applications
software that has been installed on the network for company use
including:- Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome Browsers-
ERP systems support, Host Analytics, Paylocity, AAS, eDoc, SF.com,
printing (label and shipping), AWOSP (Creating work orders).-
Office 365, Microsoft Office Suite (current and older versions)-
- Interface with Business Analysts to align software and
- Strict governance of ITIL standards such as Request, Incident,
Change, and Problem management.
- Will exercise reasonable precautions to ensure that only
legally obtained and approved software is installed and used on the
systems connected to the PC network and perform all duties
associated with this function.
- Will provide direct end user support on hardware, software,
phone and faxing systems.
- Support and protect PCs from viruses with the use of the
Anti-Virus Enterprise system.
- Responsible for leading the ongoing support of the telephony
and fax system infrastructure including:- All components of the
telephone infrastructure currently in place, as defined below, and
any future additions or replacements such as: - The Avaya telephone
systems and call recording system. - Call Accounting and Reporting
system - All fax systems and devices - Will be responsible for the
proper maintenance, repair coordination, and authorized adds,
moves, changes to the telephone infrastructure.
- Enter work orders into help desk database system and complete
as required, maintaining strict Service Level: 90% of tickets
closed within 48 hours.
- Install, support, maintain and assist in the following related
duties and tasks:- Projectors and associated laptops and equipment-
Disposal of obsolete hardware- Data/phone cable installations-
Network cabling- Network architecture diagrams
- - Assist with Paylocity (HRIS) time clocks on an as needed
basis.- Install, configure, diagnose, and provide preventive
maintenance of PCs, upgrading software on workstation, laptops.-
Manage mobile phones, devices configuration, troubleshoot issues
and ensure access while traveling.- Ensure availability of IT
related supplies/purchasing, materials and equipment to provide
best class system support.- Ensure that tickets are closed
according to SLA pre-defined.Position Type/Expected Hours of
Work:This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and
weekend work may be required as job duties demand.Person
- Person Profile
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence,
Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis.
- Excellent organization and follow-up skills.
- Excellent and effective customer service, communication and
- Ability to read/write/speak in English.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
- Ability to write reports, and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from employees.
- Ability to work in close quarters with other Arlon employees in
a one on one basis.
- The ability to work with a diverse user/team community with
varying time zones, skill levels, abilities, and backgrounds.
- The ability to adjust the style and/or approach to the
individual user.Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) complete or on-going in Computer
Science or related field from four-year college or university
- Current knowledge of computer networks and communications
systems and/or two or more years on the job experience with
laptops, desktops, printers and network devices on Windows
environment.Physical Demands:The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk
or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee
is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust
focus and the ability to distinguish printed color.The employee
must be able to travel via plane and road, have a valid passport
and have a valid driving license (for rental vehicles).Other
DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.EEO StatementArlon is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. PM18
Keywords: Arlon Graphics, Montebello , Help Desk Analyst (Intern), Professions , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!